Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Oscar Faves 2014

Hello Angels,

So if you are like myself and millions of others, you watched the Oscars this past Sunday.  I have to say it was one of the best shows I have seen in years.  Ellen Degeneres should host every year.  Her jokes are smart, funny and not abrasive.

Before I get into the fashions, did anyone else gasp when John Travolta announced  Idina Menzel before her Oscar Perfornance?  Who is Adele Manzeem?  Me thinks I need to have one of my colleagues prescribe Mr. Saturday Night Fever some glasses. LOL

Now on to the fashion.
I cannot say anyone can be surprised at who was considered best dressed.  There has been a few women who have been on top this Awards Season. The Oscars were no exception.

Let's start with Cate Blanchett in Giorgio Armani Prive (Huffington Post)
 
Can you say stunning? Everything was perfect. This was on trend for the blush/nude dresses being shown during Fashion week.

Since this is prom season I did some digging and found this dress on Jovani.com

Not bad huh? 
You can also borrow this David Meister dress from Rent the Runway:

Charlize Theron was on the red carpet with her boyfriend Sean Penn.  In this black Christian Dior stunner she needed no date. Here it is:


That woman can wear a dress.  And for us regular folk, Jovani.com has this beautiful black number:

Our friend Matthew McConaughey won the Oscar but his wife Camila Alves was a winner in this pink Gabriella Cadena.  This dress was a breath of fresh air on Sunday: (Entertainment Weekly)


She looked regal.  If you want to duplicate the look, check out this dress on Jovani.com:

Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde hit the red carpet on Sunday looking wonderful. Olivia was one of a few pregnant stars that attended the awards show. I loved her look the best.  Although I didn't have Valentino gowns when I was pregnant, I knew what a well fitted dress was. This picture does not do the dress justice.  The detail in the back is not shown. No duplicates for this one:

(Huffpost)

Last but definitely not least is a young lady who was killing her first awards season. I guess she was preparing for such a time as this:  Oscar award winning actress Lupita Nyong'o in Prada
(Harper's Bazaar.com)

I didn't see this color or silhouette coming.  This was totally different from all her other gowns.  This was a HIT!  She looked like a Fairytale Princess.

And for those of us that would like to wear something like this check out this lil number from Jovani.com.

It's a little more forgiving in the bust area. I can see this looking lovely on a prom goer.

So there you have it Angels.  Those were my picks for best dressed of the night.
What did you think of the night's fashion?  Do you think we missed a look that should be included?  Feel free to let us know.  

Until next time Angels
Happy Haulin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment