Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Pregnancy Survival Kit

Hello Angels,

For those of you that may not know one of our Pretty Prescribers is 9 1/2 months pregnant.  Ok I won't keep you in suspense.  It's me!  Any day now our little bundle of joy will arrive.  

During this pregnancy there are some items that helped me make it through the past 38 weeks.  Without them I don't know what I would have done.  They are all reasonably priced and I am going to share them with you in no particular order:

1. T-shirt dress:  From Destination Maternity

2. Comfortable flats:  To be nice to those swelling feet.  These are Tahari and are from Lord & Taylor for $59.99.
3. Scarves: To be worn with blazers and twin sets during your first trimester. (Weather permitting) You can find this at Forever 21 for $10.80

4. Blazers:  I found this one at H&M for $34.95.


5.  Mints:  A must for nausea.  My go to guys were these at a cost of $.49
6.  Ginger Ale:  After eating that greasy meal I shouldn't have, bur that the baby demanded, ginger ale hits the spot.
Here is my fave: $.50 cents a can.

7.  Headbands:  My hair is color treated.  I am old school and did not dye during the pregnancy.  So these Goody headbands were great at $2.50 for two, and they come in many colors!
8.  Blush:  I needed to change my blush color to brighten my increasingly pigmented skin. Here was my top choice: Cargo Laguna for $29.00 at Nordstrom and cargocosmetics.com.
9.  Compression Hose:  During work my feet were very swollen.  Luckily I worked in an air conditioned office so I could wear these. Yes compression socks and stockings from Futuro.  They range from $7-21.


10.  Water Bottle:  Last but not least is my Brita water bottle!  I was able to have fresh-tasting filtered water anywhere.  You can purchase it for $9.99 at stores like Bed Bath and Beyond or Brita.com


Now Angels, are there other things I used this last nine months?  Of course!  But these are the things I used the most and we both don't have all day.  Lol!  If I have any pregnant Angels out there be sure to check out my list for some items that may soothe some of your woes.

Let me know what you think and comment if any of these items have helped you in the past.

Until next time,
Happy Haulin'!






No comments:

Post a Comment