Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 Review and Swatches


Hi Angels!

On December 12th the third Naked Palette was released at your local Sephora, Ulta and Macy's department stores.  I snagged mine online as soon as it was available.  

This palette is described as a Rosey neutral.  That is the main difference between this and the other palettes.  
Stock photo here: 



Naked Palette 1 is a bronze based neutral palette.  It is great for those with skin that has warm tones.  It is seen here:

Naked Palette 2 is a Taupe based neutral palette.  It contained more matte colors as well.  I think this is best for people with cool tones.  Here is a pic of Naked Palette 2:


Now that we have been refreshed about the older palettes, let's look at Naked Palette 3.  Here is my palette:




These are the colors from left to right.
1. Strange-matte beige with a pearl sheen.
2. Dust- light pink frost
3. Burnout-pink shimmer 
4. Limit-matte nude pink
5. Buzz-medium nude pink frost
6. Trick- frosty rose gold
7. Nooner-medium matte rosy brown 
8. Liar-copper shimmer
9. Factory- deep copperyshimmer
10. Mugshot- shimmery taupe
11.Darkside-dark grey taupe
12. Black heart-a matte black with cranberry sparkle.

Here are the swatches on NW 43 skin:

With flash-

Without flash-

Here are the swatches by four:
Left to right-Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit

Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar


Factory, Mugshot,Darkside,Blackheart


So what do I think?  Well if you have seen  my review of the LORAC unzipped palette then you know this us right up my alley.  This is chock full of beautiful warm neutrals that can be worn everyday.  It is housed in an easy travel case with a double ended brush.  Angels, don't walk, run and get this A.S.A.P.  It compliments the other palettes very well.  I've been asked a lot about whether or not it's worth it to get this palette if you have either of the other two.  My opinion is that this palette contains enough unique colors from the first two to be worth your money.  Take Naked Palette 2 & 3 or 1& 3  on a getaway to have all your bases covered. 

I hope this has been helpful to you.  Let us know if you have bought the palette or intend to get it!   

Until next time Angels,
Happy Haulin'!






2 comments:

  1. I just got one today! I have the Too Faced Neutral eye palette and I loved all the pinks and taupes. And normally I wouldn't spend $50 on makeup (I'm a nursing student and don't have much money), but Naked3 has so many beautiful pinky and taupey shades that I decided to get it. I also purchased the Naked neutrals palette and I think together, these will great for everyday use and will also give enough variety when traveling! Don't you just love the new one!

    Erin @ alovelylyfe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin

    I do love this pallette. Believe me I understand being strapped for cash while in school. The palettes you mentioned are a worthwhile investment. You can use these colors everyday to work without looking overdone.

    Enjoy the palette guilt-free
    Pretty Prescriber

    ReplyDelete