Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2014

MAC Punk Couture Instigator

Hello Angels,

So the internet has been on fire for weeks in anticipation of the lipsticks in The MAC Punk Couture collection.  It finally debuted on the day after Christmas.  All of lipsticks  were matte in finish with some great dark colors in the mix.

I decided early on that I was going to get Punk Couture.  The swatches I saw online showed a matte blue/purple lipstick that I fell in love with.  Surely this was different from my other dark matte lipsticks?

I received it yesterday.  Even though it was pretty, on my lips it was not original.  And if my lips were not so dry from this blistering cold in the Northeast I would show you.

So unfortunately, at this time you will have to settle for a swatch.  If you have pigmented lips there is no distinct blue color.  It looks like a few other lipsticks I have in my stash.

Here is MAC's Punk Couture:

Photographs like a dream!  Sigh the blue is lost on me.  

Here is a swatch on NW43 skin with flash:

That is not what I imagined and it is not very different from I have in my stash.

Here are swatches of Punk Couture alongside some similar colors:

From left to right:
All MAC
Punk Couture- matte 
Prince Noir-matte (redder)
Night Violet-mattene ( pinker)
Yung Rapunxel-amplified (darker and a little rosier)
Potent Fig-mattene (the closest dupe) glossier and a smidge darker
Smoked Purple- matte (darker eggplant)

If you don't have these colors, then Punk Couture is a welcome addition.  If you do, use a different liner and you won't be able to tell the difference.  All in all I don't regret my purchase but I could have lived without it.  

This and the other lipsticks are sold out online and probably most counters.  You can try your luck an call around to MAC retailers to find one.  Always be on the lookout for a restock on maccosmetics.com.

Let us know if you bought any of the lipsticks and what you thought.  Please recommend some other duplicates for those that missed out.

Until next time Angels
Happy Haulin'

No comments:

Post a Comment