Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Everyone Loves Plaid

Hi Angels!!

One of the top trends I have been seeing everywhere this fall is plaid.  For the first time, I actually think I like plaid!  Designers have made plaid look edgy and tres chic, by creating versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down. They have moved away from the more traditional shirts that you would expect to see in plaid, and have instead created moto jackets and skirts in subdued shades that have managed to make me a fan.  I especially love the look Versace featured in their main display (below).  I think it's an easy look to replicate with a lower end plaid jacket paired with some black leggings and black pumps.  For an office look, wear a plaid pencil skirt with green and navy blue, add a white shirt, bangles, and a statement necklace and you are good to go!!  You can dress plaid down for the weekend with a button down shirt and some gray jeans. 

I have scoured high to low, and have summarized places you can find plaid trends and inspiration for every budget ranging from Versace, Saks, all the way to Forever 21. My top pick aside from the Versace look is the Gap jacket, pictured below.  Overall, I think this trend is a do. 

Versace:

Zara:

Alice & Olivia skirt at Saks:

Joie shirt at Saks:

Forever 21:

Forever 21:

Gap Jacket:

Gap Jacket (my pick):

No comments:

Post a Comment