Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MAC Playland and By Request Review

Hi Angels,

A little while back, we told you about the new MAC releases from the Playland and By Request collection.   I am back with a quick review of my purchases.  From the By Request Collection I ordered Hoop lipstick, Hoop lipglass and Butterscotch Eyeshadow.  I am quite happy with this purchase.  I did expect Hoop to be a softer pink as opposed to a watermelon pink.  It is still a pretty color so it is welcome in my collection.  Here is my swatch on NW 43 skin: (lipstick followed by lipglass)
In tubes:


Butterscotch eyeshadow lived up to the hype.  It is an opaque cream color with yellow undertones.  This is especially perfect for those with golden undertones and dark skin.  I can use it as a lid color as well as a highlight.  So this was a win win!  Here's my  swatch: 
In the pot:


I purchased Playland lipstick and Brightside lipglass from the Playland collection. Angels, I have to say I had higher hopes for this pair.  I was expecting more color.  It has more of a glaze with a hint of color.  It looks opaque in the tube but is a golden glaze when applied.  I think MAC can step it up and come out with some opaque funky colors.  That's just my suggestion.  Here's my pic:
Here's a swatch: lipstick(left), lipglass(right)

All in all it was still a good purchase if you don't have these colors in your arsenal.  MAC products almost always perform so you very rarely disappointed.  

So Angels, did we purchase anything from these collections?  Are we eyeing something?  If you are, let us know.

Until next time Angels,
Happy Haulin'

No comments:

Post a Comment