Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

OCC Lip Tar review-- day 1!!!

Hello Angels,

SO excited to have received my new Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar yesterday from Sephora!
I am going to review one lip tar per day (4 total from the Pro Picks set I got from Sephora) here to let you know how I feel about it.
Here is my day one photo, for Hoochie (lol at the name-- and I lined my lips with MAC Heroine lip liner):


This lip color glides on with the help of a lip brush-- if you're going to use your finger BEWARE only a drop is needed!  If you're considering value, I can definitely say for the amount of product in the tube, this is going to last you a looooong time.  They recommend applying a coat of their Clear tar as a base,  starting from the center (pout) of your lip and spreading the product out towards the corners of the mouth for the most even distribution.  Then you can add the shade you want (Hoochie in my case) and play with the color by adding a metallic shade on top if desired.  And to "rehydrate" they recommend applying their Clear shade of lip tar as needed.  
Added bonus:  All of OCC's products are 100% vegan and animal cruelty-free.  
As for the wear?  Applied in the morning and after a healthy lunch at Panera Bread it stayed in place better than any long-wearing lipstick I've tried.  And it wore like a matte lipstick from MAC such as Quick Sizzle, but not drying and not sticky like a gloss might be.  
I am quite pleased with my day 1 color.   Any color that I have to wipe off at the end of the day is tops in my book!

Check back for the next few days to see my reviews for the remaining 3 shades in the Pro Picks pack:


Happy Haulin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment